If you’re exploring the full range of majors that might match your interests and strengths, we encourage you to visit the Tykeson College and Career Advising team in Tykeson Hall. Tykeson Academic and Career Advisors will help you clarify your interests, meet academic requirements, discuss career possibilities with Career Readiness Coaches, and put you in touch with the many resources available to help you succeed. The Tykeson College and Career Advising team can also help majors/minors in the Department of Anthropology plan courses, integrate activities to help with career preparation, answer questions about core education and university policies and procedures, and connect you with other resources for student success.
On this page:
Why study Anthropology? What’s required to earn a degree? It's all summarized in our major maps.
Anthropology: Archaeology Concentration
Anthropology: Bioanthropology Concentration
Anthropology: Cultural Anthropology Concentration
Schedule an Advising Appointment
All advising is hosted through Tykeson Advising. Students should start with Tykeson advising and will be referred to our advisors as needed. We work closely with Tykeson advising to ensure student success and access to resources and guidance.
Who to contact: Academic advising for Anthropology students happens through the Tykeson College and Career Advising Center with advisors in the Global Connections flight path.
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm
Front Desk Phone: 541-346-9200
GC Flight Path Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote Drop-in Advising: Online Drop-In Advising is designed to address your most immediate advising questions and concerns. Your advisor will engage you in conversation from a generalist perspective.
15-minute remote “drop-in” sessions are available Mondays through Fridays, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. via the website "drop in" chat function or call the Front Desk/Intake Team at 541-346-9200. You will be placed in the drop-in queue. When an advisor is available, your advising session will occur over the phone or computer/smartphone using Microsoft Teams.
Schedule a Remote Appointment: You can schedule 30-minute appointments with Tykeson College and Career Advising team via Navigate (also available as a smartphone app).
- We recommend Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- Log into Navigate Student
- Enter your Duck ID and password.
- On the sidebar, click the purple calendar icon which says “Appointments” and click on “Schedule an Appointment.”
- For the question “What kind of appointment are you looking to schedule today?” click “Academic and Career Advising.”
- Following that, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Tykeson Hall – Scientific Discovery and Sustainability.”
- It will ask “What is the main topic you want to discuss in this appointment?” and select the topic most relevant to you.
- Under Location and Staff, the only option should be “Tykeson College and Career Advising."
- Any advisor on the Scientific Discovery and Sustainability team can help you.
- Select a date and time, add any comments if necessary and you will have the option of being sent a reminder.
- Select “Confirm Appointment.”
- If this above process does not work, call 541-346-9200 to book an appointment through Tykeson Hall Reception.
- Your remote advising appointment will take place over the phone or Microsoft Teams.
Meet Department Advisor
Assistant Director for College & Career Advising
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 541-346-9207
- Office: 101 Tykeson Hall
- Global Connections advising team