Declare or Change Major

We recommend that every student interested in the history major contact a member of the faculty and/or consult with the department’s Undergraduate Advisor. History majors who want to become middle and/or high school teachers may also want to consider the five-term teaching licensure program offered by the UO School of Education.

Declare the Major or Minor

Prospective history students should start by contacting the department’s Undergraduate Advising Committee or any member of the department faculty. When ready to declare a history major or minor, submit an online declaration form using the links below.