Declare or Change Major or Minor

To declare a major or minor with the Department of Indigenous, Race, and Ethnic Studies, interested students should meet with the director of undergraduate studies. There are two ways to connect with the director:

In this meeting, the director will review a degree guide for completed courses, discuss classes needed for an ethnic studies major or minor degree, and help identify a direction and focus for your ethnic studies courses.

After you’ve had a conversation with the director, you can declare a major or minor in ethnic studies.