Trussell Family Scholarship
Eligibility: The Trussell Family Scholarship is awarded to students based on academic merit and interest in a career serving humanity. Consideration is also given to financial need.
Award: $2,000 if one student is selected or $1,000 if two students share it
How to apply:
Your application must include the following:
- A completed application cover sheet
- A current University transcript (unofficial OK)
- A paper or research project (e.g. map, poster, etc.) that was either:
- Written or created for a course taught by a UO Geography faculty member during the last two years (2020-2021 or 2021-2022), OR
- Created as part of a geography faculty-led research project (2020-2022)
- A statement (no more than 2 pages, double-spaced) addressing your geographical education in relation to your career goals, as well as your financial need
- A completed application must be delivered to the Department of Geography office (107 Condon) by Thursday, May 5th, 2022 at 5:00p.m. or emailed by the same time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bill Loy Award for Excellence in Cartography
Eligibility: The Bill Loy Award for Excellence in Cartography is given annually to a deserving undergraduate majoring in Geography, or Spatial Data Science and Technology, or a Geography graduate student at the University of Oregon. The award will be announced during spring term.
How to apply:
Submit a cartographic or visualization product with a 250-word statement explaining the significance of the design that clearly articulates your role in developing the product. Submission deadline: May 9, 2022
- For static map products, email a PDF of the product (or a download link if too large) and your statement to email@example.com.
- For web maps, email a link to your product with your statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org.